Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
PRESCOTT HILL CLIMB
Posted by: Alun Griffiths (95.144.141.---)
Date: September 25, 2012 07:32AM

Don't forget that the Bugatti Owners' Club has invited the SCCofGB back to Prescott again this year for the Autumn Closer on Saturday 6th October and Sunday 7th. We had eight steamers last year,hopefully more this time, and this year we are looking forward to seeing Bob Dyke's replica of Whistling Billy, the White steam sprint car, in steam

Re: PRESCOTT HILL CLIMB
Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: October 9, 2012 12:24PM

We had a brilliant time at the Autumn Classic Prescott Hill Climb at the weekend. There were 10 steam cars on display on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. So many people spoke to Basil and said that the steam cars were the highlight of the show for them. Every time Bob Dyke steamed up Whistling Billy he generated a huge crowd of admiring onlookers and it was a thrill to see him drive the car up the hill.

Basil did his 2 practice and 2 timed runs in the R in its stripped down race trim! He was disappointed with his times but the poor car wasn't happy performing with a cold engine and the track was very slippery due to the torrential rain on Friday and he had constant wheel spin problems. Again, he was in the Pre War class against cars 30 years younger and followed a 1936 V12 Bentley!

Wherever I stood to watch Basil do his runs there was always a wave of excitement and anticipation in the crowd around me, remarking "ooh, it's the steam car next!"

Vicki

Attachments: rsz_dscf2519.jpg (83kB)   rsz_dscf2515.jpg (82kB)   rsz_dscf2485.jpg (92kB)  
Posted by: (---.as43234.net)
Date: October 10, 2012 12:55PM

My photos are at

[flic.kr]

Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: October 10, 2012 10:08PM

Very sharp Model K in the photo set - does anyone know whose it is?

Kelly

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: October 11, 2012 01:45AM

Hi Kelly,
The model K is owned by Basil Craske, he's just finished rebuilding it. I believe it's a 1908 model as it has the rear single dickey seat. George.

Posted by: Rolly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 11, 2012 07:51AM

Bob Dyke 'Whistling Billy' looks beautiful, any video’s of it running on the hill clime.
Rolly

Date: October 12, 2012 10:02AM

One video on youtube so far,

youtu.be/t6aETjfUkMU

Whistling Billy is at 0:55

Posted by: Rolly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 12, 2012 10:28AM

Peter thanks I found it, but Bob Dyke 'Whistling Billy' had to slow down for all the dog’s in front of it. I hope there’s one of Bob on a free for all run.

I would really like to see it move.
Rolly

Date: October 12, 2012 01:45PM

Our car was the one in front of Whistling Billy slowing it down....

Posted by: (---.armstrong.com)
Date: October 17, 2012 07:40AM

A couple of great shots at an unexpected place - [theoldmotor.com] .

Kelly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC