Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
New record and query
Posted by: (---.wlms-broadband.com)
Date: January 5, 2013 02:43PM

As this is my first posting to the forum I apologize for any mistakes that I may have made it was put in wrong thread?

On the 23/09/2012 with my Model Flash Steam Tethered Hydroplane at Kingsbury water park it broke the National speed record with 122.91mph over 500metres.

I am in the process of reclaiming a couple of steam generators that have been shortened due to bursts at the hot end.

The tubing is 321 1/4"Ø x 0.028" and Tig welded to 3/16"Ø x 0.022".

The hot end is the 1/4"Ø and intend to tig some new tubing to it and bring it back to its original length.

Due to the intense heat that the original tubing has been subjected to will the composition of the 321 be degraded.

Also I require some 321 bar of Ø10mm and Ø6mm x 300mm where can I buy a small amount as most Model engineer dealers only sell 303,304 and 316.

All replies welcome,
Windy

Re: New record and query
Posted by: Mike L Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: January 5, 2013 06:13PM

Welcome Windy - I can't help you source the 321 you need but congratulate you on the record.

Bit outside the experience of most of us steam car people but the hydroplane racers are very interesting and some of the burner and monotube knowledge is useful for us too.

Mike

Re: New record and query
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: January 5, 2013 09:50PM

Dear Windy, The expertise that you seek can be found at: [steamautomobile.com] They already have threads on your topic. Good luck in your future record breaking runs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC