Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
steam bicycle
Posted by: (---.eu-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com)
Date: February 19, 2013 02:30PM

Hi, I"m a new member, and live in the Isle of Man, where I am a member of Friends of the Earth. I have spent the last year building electric bicycles, driven in various ways.
I read that a steam shunting locomotive could shunt for two hours, with no boiler. I would like your views on driving a bicycle with superheated water with the boiler in the garage. What would be the most effective way to use this potential steam to drive my bicycle. How about driving a turbine to drive an electric dynamo??
I am David

Re: steam bicycle
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: February 19, 2013 03:27PM

Hi David,
I found this video of a car working on the same principal as you mention, I hope this helps. Here's the link [www.youtube.com] George.

Date: February 19, 2013 03:31PM

sorry the link doesn't appear to work (as usual!). If you type in your top search bar www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrZJsvDy18I , the video should appear. George.

Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-177.btcentralplus.com)
Date: February 20, 2013 04:22AM

George,

All your links have worked fine for me. When the page opens with the heading – This content cannot be displayed in a frame, click on - Open this content in a new window. It then plays fine.

Don

Date: February 20, 2013 11:56AM

Hi Don,
Thanks very much, I didn't realise you could that! George.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC