Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Marilyn - new post clarification
Posted by: (Moderator)
Date: March 9, 2013 09:56AM

Following the recent AGM, you will know that I have now resigned as Assistant Webmaster – a job which has been kindly taken over by George Hounslow (better known as Old Timer – george.steam@live.co.uk).

Just to make sure I don’t sit around too much in the evenings, the Committee have offered me, and I have accepted, the post of Assistant Editor for the Club Magazine. I had previous experience in this sort of thing (albeit a fair number of years ago) and enjoyed it. Barry Herbert remains as Editor, but I will be learning (hopefully!) how to use the publishing program that he uses, to assist him with the production of the magazine. It makes sense for the Club to have as many people as possible involved in the various and numerous tasks needed to keep it running smoothly. The more people who are willing to learn the jobs, the safer the Club will be.

I have set up a new e-mail address for anything magazine-related – mo.steam@btinternet.com. Obviously everything for the magazine will still go to Barry, but it would be helpful if I can be copied in as well as that will ensure we have a safe back-up system, should either of our computers “throw it’s dummy out of the stroller” as it were (as rare as those things are, of course!).

I look forward to working alongside Barry, who has done such a fabulous job with the magazine since taking over Editorship – I only hope I get to grips with the program as quickly as he did! Watch out Rupert Murdoch!

Best wishes.

Re: Marilyn - new post clarification
Posted by: Mike L Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: March 9, 2013 04:25PM

Thanks Marilyn for your work in establishing and maintaining the revamped forum over the last couple of years and many thanks to both you and George for taking on your new roles - much appreciated by all of us out here. Without volunteers we'd be lost.

Good that you will provide backup for Barry who is doing a magnificent job. We should take nore of Barry's request for magazine material at the AGM - he can't think it all up himself!

Mike

Re: Marilyn - new post clarification
Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-177.btcentralplus.com)
Date: March 10, 2013 08:33AM

I would like to echo Mike’s comments above, well done Marilyn, Barry and George.

Keep calm and carry on!

Don

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC