Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Club logo
Posted by: Tim Senior (---.range86-131.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 22, 2013 02:15PM

The union flag on the club logo has always worried me a little.
It is obvious,to me. that the flag is flying from the right and is therefore upside down. Am I right or do I need to get a life?

Regs. to all Tim Senior

Re: Club logo
Posted by: Mike L Clark (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: April 23, 2013 03:27PM

And I though I was a geek!
You are right though Tim

Mike

Re: Club logo
Posted by: barry herbert (Moderator)
Date: April 24, 2013 05:56AM

Please don't fly the Union flag the wrong way up!

The broader (wider) diagonal white stripe should be at the top on the side of the flag nearest the flagpole.

The UK flag is NOT entirely symmetrical! You can rotate the flag and it still will be the right way up but you can't invert it (not refective symmetry).

Look at the white diagonals and you will see why.

On the side next to the flagpole, (the hoist side), the thick white band is above the red band on both diagonals, the white band being part of the cross of St Andrew, the Scottish flag and the red band being part of the cross of St Patrick, the Irish flag.

The cross of St Andrew is above that of St Patrick at the hoist because the cross was added to the flag before St Patrick's cross, therefore the cross of St Andrew is entitled to the higher position

On the side that flutters free, the fly side, this is reversed, with the Irish flag being above the Scottish flag.

The club Logo flag is definately wrong

This flag is upside down because the narrow white bands are on top.

To deliberately fly the flag upside down is a signal indicating a situation of 'DISTRESS'. It is also "lese Majeste" (which means: insulting the Crown), and is theoretically still a crime in the UK and its commonwealth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC