Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
locomobile surrey
Posted by: (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: July 6, 2013 01:03PM

looking for info on the loco surrey. drawings, photos any info would help. I tried the Stanley museum. There was not much info.

Re: locomobile surrey
Posted by: Rolly (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 6, 2013 02:16PM

Did you look over the drawings and information on this site.

[www.steamcar.net]

[www.steamcar.net]

[www.steamcar.net]

[www.steamcar.net]

[www.steamcar.net]

[www.steamcar.net]

[www.steamcar.net]

Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.as43234.net)
Date: July 6, 2013 05:33PM

Hi Jake
Sorry to hear about the accident with the Likamobile.
As I understand it, you want to extend the Lika into a long wheelbase Surrey.
John Liming describes building a Surrey replica in the Model Engineer January 1985, No. 3984, 3986, 3988 and 3990.He seems to had the same problem with lack of drawings and used the plans for a Stanhope and compared it to the image in a brochure printed by the Stanley Museum.
Cheers
Brian

Some adverts are at this site [www.virtualsteamcarmuseum.org]

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/06/13 05:35PM by Brian McMorran.

Date: July 7, 2013 08:19AM

You would never thing of having an accident with the car inside a trailer 2 miles from home. I guess it can happen anywhere. But I had no control of the other drive that rear ended me. It was two young girls most likely texting while driving. I was stopped for about 2 minutes trying to turn left.The road was two lanes on my side and I saw them in my mirrors, thing that they were going to move over. Then realized that was not going to happen. I was hit at about 45 mph. They never tried to do anything, a witness that was behind them said they never stepped on the brakes just drove into the trailer. The trailer and car were damaged. The trailer was totaled and the car inside has a bent frame, springs and other things. It has to come apart to see what else is bad. Its going to be a long rebuild. It only had 17 miles since it was finished. My tow van also had a bent bumper and hitch.
So the rebuild will slowly start.

Posted by: Ray White (---.range86-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 8, 2013 07:45PM

May I extend my sincere sympathies. I know how sick it makes you feel when this sort of thing happens. I hope no one was hurt.

Ray.

Date: July 12, 2013 06:37AM

The air bags saved them. Both of them went off. So in the end no one was injured. They were in a smart car. Not much car there.

Date: July 12, 2013 06:46AM

What I would like to find is the person that purchased the Locomobile ( Likamobile) surrey that was on this site. To get a few measurement. The one measurement that I need is the length of the two steel tubes that run from the front to back axle.This would be the first step into making the car a surrey. These tubes are bolted into place. Once I have that part done. Then I can extend the body.

Date: July 12, 2013 07:30AM

Jake you should be able to get that from the car you have. The wheelbase of the two passenger car is listed as 58 inches and the four passenger is listed as 69 inches.
Rolly

[www.steamcar.net]

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/12/13 07:32AM by Rolly.

Date: July 13, 2013 07:18PM

Thanks I will check it out, 11" doesn't sound like much of a stretch.

Date: July 14, 2013 10:31AM

This morning after having a nice bike ride and having my mid morning coffee I was flipping through Kit Fosters book The Stanley Steamer.

I began to notice and pay some attention to the Locosurrey body style.
There appears to have been three distinct different body styles for the Locosurrey.

The first early version appears on page 82. A stick seat with no exposed funnel on the back for the burner draft. The front leather dash or upright panel appears to be at the front edge of the front tires.

The next version is shown on page 86 called a sidesaddle version, the rear seat is sideways to the front seat. Rear entry. From the photo it appears to be only on one side.
This body is much more forward of the front wheels and the dash or upright leather looks to be well out in front of the front tires.

The third version is on page 91 and shows the dash upright leather panel well out in front of the tires and the front seat is over the rear half of the front wheels. You can also see the exposed funnel on the back for the burner draft.

Just a point of interest.
Rolly

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC