Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Re: Chairman's resignation
Posted by: (---.165.200.180.grapevine.net.au)
Date: July 30, 2013 07:15AM

This is dreadful news - I met Basil when he brought his Model R to Australia a couple of years ago - what a wonderful warm and open person - and a great ambassador for the club. He has been a brilliant Chairman steering this club out of the mire of the previous split. I have no idea what has happened, but I sure hope it gets resolved with civility and decorum - but I guess it has moved way beyond that. Really sorry to see him go.

Jerry
Canberra, Australia

Posted by: Ray White (---.range109-151.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 30, 2013 09:17AM

It would seem that we will have to wait until the next club magazine for a statement.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 07/30/13 09:53AM by Ray White.

Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-140.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 31, 2013 06:35PM

When I joined the club I very soon became aware of Jeff Theobald and what he did for the club; I always thought of him as Mr. Steam Car Club of G.B. Since Jeff passed away Basil, in my mind, has become Mr. Steam Car Club of G.B. With all the hard work that he and Vicki have put in promoting the club both here and abroad, nobody has done more. On our Teesdale Tour last year no one put in more effort in keeping the cars going (not only his own) than Basil, and his were the only steam cars to cover every mile of every day’s tour.

A MAN LIKE THIS DOESN’T QUIT EASILY.

This thread was started to let the members know that their chairman had handed in his resignation, yet we have to wait till October to find out why!

Don Cook

Posted by: (---.hsd1.mi.comcast.net)
Date: August 3, 2013 04:03PM

As a relatively new member of the Steam Car Club, I too am shocked, dismayed and now fear for the ongoing success of the club. It was Basil Craske who reached out to myself and Midwest Coach with nothing but good, valid reasons I should become a member supplier. Basil put forth a lot of effort to bring our products to the forefront on the website and in the club magazine as well.

I understand the toll has now included Marilyn oliver, another great loss to SCCGB.

As for myself and Midwest Coach & Carriage Works, we stand with Basil Craske and Marilyn Oliver. I regret that the article Basil had asked Midwest Coach to write, an account of the construction of an extremely accurate replacement frame for a stunning Stanley Model 64 and ongoing coverage of the complete restoration of the car, will not be completed or forwarded to the magazine admistration. My apologies to those members who voiced an interest in such an article, but hearing of the actions being taken with the magazine and Basil's original July resignation statement have made the decision for me.

I am in agreement with those here who believe that something is seriously wrong within the club, resulting in the loss of a true gentleman and consummate leader.

It is as if a great organization is suddenly gone. Basil, Marilyn, well done, and your style of quality leadership will be difficult if not impossible to replace.

Mark Johnston
Midest Coach & Carriage Works

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 08/04/13 03:30PM by Mark Johnston.

Posted by: Ray White (---.range86-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 6, 2013 06:06PM

As a new member, I would greatly appreciate any information which would help me make sense of this resignation and the issues which have caused it. Complete confidence is assured.

Thankyou,

Ray.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 08/06/13 06:07PM by Ray White.

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC