Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
water/coffee stop at this year's london to brighton
Posted by: (---.range86-173.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 1, 2013 04:29PM

Just a quick one - can someone give me the address for Ray Clark's coffee/water stop? I'm over from Australia and have hired a 'modern' so I can photograph the start, water stop, and end at Brighton

Best wishes to all who are participating - see you there :-)

Cheers
Jerry

Re: water/coffee stop at this year's london to brighton
Posted by: barry herbert (Moderator)
Date: November 2, 2013 07:40AM

Jerry,

I hope you have a good time at the forthcoming London to Brighton and take lots of photos.

No doubt somebody who actually attends the coffee stop will post the address here for you. Unfortunately I do not have it.

However, the purpose of my replying to your post is to ask if you would send me photos of the Start, Coffee Stop and Finish of steam cars so that I can build up an article for the club's magazine.

What would be even better would be if you could write an article of your adventure to the London and Brighton, Highs, Lows, etc., to accompany the photos. Our world wide membership would be very interested to hear how you got on.

If you venture to the Yorkshire area then please call in to see Sandra and myself. We would like to meet up again.

Barry,
Editor,
Owlshoot,
20 Walkington Road,
Little Weighton,
East Yorkshire,
HU20 3UT

e-mail barry@owlshoot.com

Posted by: (---.static.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 2, 2013 09:20AM

Thanks Barry - if it's the same spot as in 2009 I may have an old set of directions the late Jeff Theobald gave me

One of my intentions in locating the spot is to get some good photos for the magazine - and I'm happy for you to have any that may be useful to you. I'll also put together a piece on my adventures on the London-Brighton.

As my long trip comes to a close very soon I might have to make it next time in a couple of years to come up and see you and Sandra. It was great meeting you in Australia. And I hope the Doble recovered okay after the throttle trouble in Australia.

As you inherited the magazine archive you would have my photos from the last time I was over at this time of year - I gave copies of all those photos to Jeff. I'll send you any decent ones I get this year too

Best wishes

Jerry Everard

Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.as43234.net)
Date: November 2, 2013 09:25AM

The address for Ray's coffee stop was in the October magazine.
On the A23 Horley Road, Salfords, approximately 200 metres North of the A23 junction with the A2044 Woodhatch Road. Post code RH1 5BA
From 8am till Noon

Hope this helps
Brian

Posted by: (---.static.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: November 2, 2013 01:28PM

Many thanks Brian - See you there

Haven't seen the October magazine yet as I've been travelling since mid Sept :-)

Chers
Jerry

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 11/02/13 01:35PM by ijerry.

Posted by: (---.grapevine.transact.net.au)
Date: November 11, 2013 12:09AM

Just arrived back in Australia - yes I took plenty of photos and will be processing them soon. It was a great day - excellent weather (a real contrast from 2009!).

I'll pen a little something for the magazine and send over the photos Barry - I'll post a few here too. Also took some video that I'm happy to send over for the website :-)

Cheers
Jerry
Canberra, Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC