Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
an e-mail to the chairman
Posted by: SUPER7591 (Moderator)
Date: November 15, 2013 02:02PM

The following is a copy of an e-mail that was sent to me by Phil Kroll the gentleman who kindly sent me the photographs taken at Prescott which were subsequently put on our website. I thought his text should be shared by all the members! ----------------------------------

Hello Harold,

Had a look, that is great, hope it adds some value for your viewers.

Thank you for the credits, always appreciated.

If you have any events my way Gloucestershire I am willing to help with some photography.

Have to say, the pioneers and dreamers in steam power were quite a resilient bunch. As with that era there were some amazing styles, designs and ingenuity. Had a look at the steam power bicycle, what a piece of engineering, to fit a steam engine at that time onto a small frame with the limited tooling and resource, just a marvel of belief!

Groups like yourselves are driven by the same spirit, style and persistence of the original inverters. The failures, the successes, its just in your blood, some rare gene mingling amongst some of us..... It is really commendable what groups like yourselves achieve and the work to maintain the momentum, excitement and spirit of that age, up against quite a competitive sector for the acknowledgement and attention of the public.

You all deserve medals, for holding this vintage engineering close to your hearts, flying the flag for the pioneers, hard workers, bold believers, risk takers who endeavored in their persistence,sacrifice and dreams. Groups like Steam Car Club of GB acting as guardians, historians, educators with leadership, determination, demonstrating to us the enjoyment and seriousness you all have for such an important foundation to our modern age, reminding us of this link that is so easily forgotten, engineering is a genesis and relies on one development becoming the step up for the next, its a process and it takes time, money, joy, pain, fantasy and mostly vision.
That said,
I wish you all the best and hope to meet some day at one of these events.

Best regards
Phil

Re: an e-mail to the chairman
Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-184.btcentralplus.com)
Date: November 27, 2013 04:22PM

Harold

Maybe Phil would like to catch up with some of us at next years Cotswold’s event?

Don

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC