Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2
Passing of Victoria (Vicki) Craske, 1951-2014.
Posted by: (---.wavecable.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 01:12AM

A notice from the Stanley Museum: Victoria (Vicki) Craske, 1951-2014. Vicki was the wife of Basil Craske, former chairman of the Steam Car Club of Great Britain. The Craskes have been frequent participants on steam car tours both in England and the US, and have shared their joy of steam cars with others world wide.

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/25/14 09:04AM by alpinemauve.

Re: Passing of Victoria (Vicki) Craske, 1951-2014.
Posted by: barry herbert (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2014 05:26AM

May Sandra and I pass our condolences to Basil. Both he and Vicki have been friends for many years. Vicki has worked, for the benefit of our Steam cars, alongside Basil, being the main stay in the production of tours in the Norfolk area. She attended many tours around the U.K. Australia and the U.S.A. and we had the privilege of accompanying them with our car on many of these.

She was a lovely lady, always willing to help in any way she could. We will sadly miss her and our thoughts go to Basil in his loss.

Sandra and Barry

Posted by: Mike L Clark (---.range31-48.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 05:35AM

Devastating news - Vicki was such a lovely bright person, good fun and enormously capable as we could see from her routes and organisation of the Tours that she and Basil put on. Far too young to go. What a shock.

My thoughts are wth Basil and with Vicki's dad John Liming, with Madge and also with the whole team of young Norfolk steamers who are so close to the Craske family.

Vicki will be missed by all of us in the Club.

Mike

Edited 1 times. Last edit at 01/25/14 03:41PM by Mike L Clark.

Posted by: Old timer (86.112.62.---)
Date: January 25, 2014 07:20AM

What shocking news - all of our sympathy and caring thoughts are with Basil, John and all their friends, at this desperately sad time.

Vicki will live in our memories as someone who was beautiful in spirit and kind in nature, with skills we can only aspire to.

All our love, Peter, Sarah and George Hounslow

Posted by: (---.range109-151.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 09:15AM

I cannot add anymore than has already been said above. Appalling news. Connie and my thoughts are with Basil at this sad sad time. Richard & Connie Knott, Poole, Dorset.

Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range86-151.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 25, 2014 11:24AM

We were really shocked and saddened to hear the dreadful news, and our caring thoughts are with Basil, John and Madge, and our Norfolk friends.

We will miss Vicki so much, with her friendly, cheerful, welcoming personality. She has done so much over the years, in many ways, to make our hobby even more enjoyable, and her friendship was highly valued. Vicki gave us lots of welcome help and encouragement when we planned the Teesdale tour, and her skills will be sorely missed.

Please see attached photo of Vicki and Basil, in costume, taken at Beamish Museum.

Lesley, Don and Andrew

Attachments: Teesdale Tour 138 Beamish.JPG (147kB)  
Posted by: SUPER7591 (Moderator)
Date: January 25, 2014 02:11PM

A lovely lady that I was fortunate enough to have known; she will be missed by so many people. My thoughts go out to Basil and all their close friends at this very sad time.
Harold Bell

Posted by: (---.uber.co.nz)
Date: January 28, 2014 12:01AM

Very sad news and a big loss.
Regards
Mark Stacey

Posted by: fowlerfrank (---.range109-149.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 30, 2014 05:39AM

Vary sad news .I only met Vicky a few times A lovley helpfull lady who will be sadly missed, my thoughts and condolences are with you Basil
regards Frank Scrace

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: January 31, 2014 02:47PM

May PAt and I offer our heartfelt condolences to Basil , amd Vicky's dad John, we have only nice memories of Vicky and we will miss her, what a very sad day saying goodbye to a very nice lady, Les

Goto Page:  12Next
Current Page:1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC