I use contact cement. The same stuff you glue Formica counter top laminates down with.
1. I first glue a six-inch strip of wet able finishing cloth around the bottom edge using the contact cement. Three inches of the strip hanging below the edge.
2. I then glue three layers of eight inch Fiberfrax insulation on using contact cement both sides
3. I then cover this with wet able finishing cloth.
4. I then fold the three inches of the remaining finishing cloth hanging below the edge up and over to create a finished edge.
5. I paint the finish with flat white latex paint.
Posted by: Rog White (---.range86-133.btcentralplus.com)
Date: July 25, 2014 09:57AM
Sodium Silicate (Waterglass) is what the pottery people use, but Dad used Nestle's milk on the Aga rings...
Tried silicate but it deteriorates in the damp. Ended up stitching ceramic blanket with stainless MIG wire.