Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Cotwolds Tour 2014
Posted by: SUPER7591 (Moderator)
Date: July 25, 2014 07:20PM

The ‘not on Cotswolds tour’ was indeed a great week again, we are all very grateful to Pat and Les for all the hard work planning the routes and making sure we were all ok throughout the week. We were all treated to a meal on the Sunday evening and a DIY BBQ on the Friday. It was nice to meet up with everyone again and be made so welcome by our host Robin at the farm, who is always willing to help out with battery charging, puncture mending, finding bits and pieces that might make do etc. Sunshine all week touring a beautiful county with great company!
Harold & Pat, Jonathan & Jan

Re: Cotwolds Tour 2014
Posted by: Old timer (86.112.40.---)
Date: July 28, 2014 04:36PM

We would also like to say thank you to Les and Pat for organising another brilliant tour which we thoroughly enjoyed. We would also like to thank Robin for the use of his field. We look forward to not enjoying it when it's not on again next year! Peter, Sarah and George Hounslow

Posted by: les nelson (---.dynamic.dsl.as9105.com)
Date: July 29, 2014 04:26AM

Many thanks for your comments, but due to the problems with the routes (sorry put it down to dodderyness) you will need the correct touring map for next year as we are going back to the original formula, ie. pick a destination etc. and map read from base , it worked before and we had a good time, I can SUGGEST venues etc. but those who wish to visit anywhere "special" have the opportunity to do so.
Please let me know you are not coming nearer the time . my best regards Les

Posted by: Donald Cook (---.range31-52.btcentralplus.com)
Date: August 1, 2014 03:35PM

Lesley and I had a great time again at this year’s Not on Tour, wall to wall sunshine for the third year running - must be someone up there watching over us – the Stanley twins perhaps?

What made this year really special for me was to see Whistling Billy, not only in steam but doing some of the routes!

The only way this event could be improved upon would be if it was on for two weeks!

Thanks Les, Pat & Robin for making it all possible.

Don & Lesley

Date: August 9, 2014 08:21AM

If the Yanks read this they must think we are crackers Les, PS they might be right

Date: August 11, 2014 05:07AM

I got this link from Combe mill after sending a thank you note, for their kind efforts to look after us, hope you like it. Les

https:/[www.youtube.com]
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ntx4ULW-C0&feature=youtu.be

Edited 2 times. Last edit at 08/11/14 02:00PM by les nelson.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC