Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Wedding car hire and reward insurance
Posted by: SUPER7591 (Moderator)
Date: October 19, 2015 04:53AM

A very common question posed to many of us when we're out with the cars is; ‘’do you do weddings’’ Clearly, if the proposal is taken up, it's a very responsible job, even a puncture could completely spoil the day for the bride and groom. Whilst I have done two weddings for friends, if there is a charge to be made, there is also the question of insurance, to cover for what it technically hire and reward. Has anyone any further advice or knowledge of the cost involved to obtain insurance cover for the duration of the wedding day? I’m sure this will be helpful to members contemplating accepting an invitation to provide their pride and joy for a wedding car.

Harold Bell

Edited 3 times. Last edit at 10/20/15 04:25AM by SUPER7591.

Re: Wedding car hire and reward insurance
Posted by: Mike L Clark (---.colc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: October 20, 2015 03:53PM

The only way is to ask your current insurer - they all have different ideas on the subject.Even if you are doing it for love not reward, it's probably best to tell your insurer before the event as many policies do have a wedding exclusion clause.

Mike

Re: Wedding car hire and reward insurance
Posted by: les nelson (---.as13285.net)
Date: January 15, 2016 11:59AM

I did my grandsons wedding in our Ford model "A" . but informed my insurer before the event and it was made clear the would not be any charges, there response was very positive and there would be no administration charges from them and to have a nice day Les

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC