Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
The Doble book
Posted by: MikeRietveld (---.dynamic.kabel-deutschland.de)
Date: April 15, 2021 06:25AM

Dear steam car colleagues,

This is my first post to this forum. I don't own a steam car but have been a Doble fan since a teenager in NZ. I am building a model steam loco in 5" gauge (Simplex) and have a few other steam projects. I am recently retired in Germany after an interesting career as a physicist working with auroral radars in northern Norway.

I would like to advertise the magnificent 2-volume book "The Doble Steam Car" by Jim Crank.
I bought it about a year ago, at half the nominal price by joining SACA, and have just finished reading all of it. It is a terrific book, so full of history not only of the Doble but of steam cars in general, with many technical details and interesting anecdotes. Well worth the money!

I made some notes as I read it, of mostly minor typographical and spelling errors here and there, but I also noted several errors and commented on some car identification. I sent these notes to the editor and publisher where they were well received. If anyone is interested in these notes I can send them as a .pdf file. I can be contacted by e-mail at miriet55@gmail.com.

I joined in the two most recent steam car rallies in Melle, Germany, and hope they will resume soon.

Michael Rietveld
Duderstadt
Germany

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC