Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lykamobile
Posted by: Martin Eastwood (---.range86-172.btcentralplus.com)
Date: May 11, 2023 03:31PM

I have a Model Works/Steam Traction Lykamobile car, it ran away and taking my foot off the accelerator made no difference and I ended up in the ditch. Luckily minor damage to the car and non to me. On repairing it seemed the cause was a sticking cable to the throttle valve. When the repairs were complete I ran the engine with the back axle on stands. The engine over sped again the throttle valve was still stuck open. I should have known that things were not correct as it took a long time to get up to pressure. I am now trying to remove the throttle valve, I have taken the water tank out, but don't have a enough room to unscrew the valve with the angle iron bracket. Has anyone removed a throttle valve, if so what procedure did you follow. Also on the second run the roll pin in the crank web broke. Doe one need to remove the fuel tank to replace this?

My email is martin.eastwood87@outlook.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC