Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Mini Yorkshire Steam Tour
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range81-129.btcentralplus.com)
Date: April 23, 2007 01:56PM

I run the steam section of a small local show which takes place over the August Bank Holiday, 25 to 27 August 2007.

Over the last couple of year we have been introducing steam cars, initially from my collection and more recently being enhanced with visitors to join the steam rollers, vintage tractors, old cars, farmers market, junk stalls, civil war society and craft fair. The show is unusual as it is based around the entire village with most people participating in one way or another.

Last year we had the following cars:-
My 740 B who’s bolier let me down, again, on the first day so it was taken on its trailer, yet again.
My 735 D in derelict state as brought from e bay.
Colin Mays Locomobile, nearly in steam.
A 3/4 scale locomobile running.
Mike Clarkes 1907 Model H running very fast.

Also present was my 1905, 15 ton steam roller and a friends 1921 Aveling Roller in derelict state that had just been brought in from Thailand.

This year I would like to run a mini steam car tour on the Sunday of the show, tour being an option of approximately 40 or 60 miles round trip with a couple of stops at places of interest and also the usual pub lunch.

There is ample caravanning facilities at my place and I am sure I can track down some B & B or Hotels if needed.

If there is any body interested in joining in, either for the run or the entire show then give me a call on 07771 573584 or drop me an e mail on ian.vintonrailconsultltd@virgin.net or leave an answer here.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC