Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
LSP Panther engine
Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: January 2, 2008 11:13AM

Has anyone any experience or history of the Panther vee two D/A compound engine advertised by Light Steam Power in the later magazines. It was rated as 35hp and physically larger than the more commonly known Bower and Bell 20/30hp (Panther Junior)

Thanks
Brian

Re: LSP Panther engine
Posted by: (195.10.99.---)
Date: January 7, 2008 06:17PM

Hello Brian

I have some knowledge of the Lsp engine and have access to some of the patterns. those which exist, crankcase rather than cylinders, there was at least one engine built and tested by Thomas Hindle but I dont know if it still exists or not, there was a sales leaflet produced with some data on regarding power ect, I can possibly get a copy if you like.

Regards

Chris

Date: January 8, 2008 11:49AM

Hello Chris

I would be interested in a copy of the leaflet. I have tried twice to order drawings through the LSP website but get no reply.
Can you tell me who the original designer was?

Cheers

Brian

Posted by: (195.10.99.---)
Date: January 8, 2008 12:54PM

Hi Brian,j

Yes it was designed by Thomas Hindle and drawn by his draughtsman, or desingned by Hindle and his draughtsman together.John Walton has not been verey well and has been in hospital and now a spot of respite care, he has not been very active, that aside I rether think the website has died a death ( I may be wrong )
I can get you a copy of the drawings and the data sheet if you like, I will find out how mush the drawings are.

Chris

Date: January 8, 2008 01:48PM

Hi Chris

If necessary you can contact me at

auraeng at aol dot com

Brian

Posted by: Brian McMorran (92.22.1.---)
Date: August 23, 2008 12:43PM

For Chris Wedgwood

I have been unable to contact you. I did manage to purchase the Hindle drawing set from Australia and a friend got me a copy of the sales brochure.
Are the patterns you mentioned still available?

Regards
Brian McMorran

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC