Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Help needed tracing the 'Vapomobile'
Posted by: Jeff Theobald (Moderator)
Date: March 9, 2008 02:23PM

Ho all,

I have been asked to help trace the history of the 'Vapomobile' steam car, belived to have been built by a Nottingham based manufacturer around 1902 to 1904, they may have only assembled cars? reputed to have made cars of various designs.

If you can help please reply here or email John Thornhill, email.... john.thornhill3@ntlworld.com

Thanks, Jeff.

Re: Help needed tracing the 'Vapomobile'
Posted by: Brian McMorran (---.ipt.aol.com)
Date: March 10, 2008 02:11PM

Jeff and John
Might be stating the obvious here but it might help someone.
I have found the best source is paying for the National Motor Museum to search their archives. From there check local Libraries and Museums. I found a lot of information at an Art Museum!

The Vapomobile was an early English steam car either manufactured or assembled by the Motor Construction Company in Nottingham between 1902 and 1904. Five, Seven and Twelve horsepower models are known to have been produced with the Twelve horsepower model using an American Mason engine. The two smaller cars had tiller steeing. Ref. The New Illustrated Encyclopedia of Automobiles

Vapomobile; One paragraph no pictures. Semi flash or firetube 2cyl DA engines.
Ref The Automobile by Paul N. Hasluck Special Edition 3 volume 1905

Regards
Brian

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC