Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2
Re: building a steam motorcycle
Posted by: Fire-Drop_Technologies (---.cedarnetworks.com)
Date: August 30, 2010 01:23PM

The entire principal of this bike is based around the boiler having been designed to specificaly complement the engine type and form. As it is single acting in it's stroke, it needs little or no expantion to ocur in the engine while it is in power, but will need larg volumes of steam at speed, as well as high preshure to compensate the small bore diameter. The boiler although Jeff left this part out of the pattern instructions, works much like the automotive boiler pattern I posted as well in that the feed water to each boiler tube is opened and closed by means of a wax filled thermastatic piston opening and closing both feed water and boiler tube any time the tube drops lower than 200 deg. F. And with the boiler steady at 1000-1200 deg. F. So Superheated steam at around 85 bar? Now this superheated steam travels to the Expantion Conencer chamber where it expands in volume as it cools while heating the feed water preheat loop. as this steam cool's it gains volume and preshure alowing it to preform a grater load of work. This condencer type expantion chamber has one blow off vent per side one for each boiler, these vent thru tubes to the rear of each boiler right after the boiler coils and before the holding tube at the rear of each boiler. this venting of cool steam on superheated holding tube changes the volume of said steam in this tube and boosts the boilers actual volume of steam held , pushing more steam in to the cooling expantion chamber. These boilers burn and breath on the same principal of flow and fire as a Pulse jet or diesel torpedo, or salimander heater. And so they heat and are ready to use in a very short time from lighting. Don't think this is true? Or doubt the rather unconventional shape and function? Youtube the Valveless and valved pulse jet engine. Watch how even on a cold burn fuel like propain the whole of the jet case will be read glowing hot in a few moments from ignition? This is the same principal utilized in my boilers. They will not produce any real thrust as would the jet, but they will heat red hot in about a 6 second count from the moment the fuel tube is preheated and the coleman fuel mixer comes on line.

Date: September 21, 2010 06:55PM

Here I re-Drew another example of how the cam port pattern works for the pump to engine Modification

Attachments: Ball valve Intake port or cam pattern..JPG (89kB)  
Posted by: Fire-Drop_Technologies (---.gdj-co.client.bresnan.net)
Date: October 28, 2010 07:12PM

Here is the Bike boiler As Finnished Pattern,shown Are the feed water thermistatic piston and valve,the links open and close the feed water as the pancake coil boiler tubes heat and cool, each wax filled piston "Just like the one in a Gasoline cars upper radiator hose's manifold" moves open as the coils inner temprature reaches 200 Deg. F. turning on the feed water to the mist nozle at the center of each coil.

Your site won't alow me to load it to this site, so you will need to go to my face book site. by looking up foiselRichard@yahoo.com

Posted by: Fire-Drop_Technologies (---.gdj-co.client.bresnan.net)
Date: November 2, 2010 11:22PM

Date: October 29, 2011 07:12PM

Found an engine utilizing a very like nature valve system for all of you who had been baffled.

[douglas-self.com]

The Forest-Gallice Engine Patent, dated 1890 Compound Internal-Combustion Engine,
Though not a steam engine, used Ball valves on a over head cam shalft, thus proving My inlet valves to be of at the very least, a functioning form.

Posted by: (---.dynamic.dsl.maxnet.co.nz)
Date: October 31, 2011 01:45AM

There are hundreds of rotary, ball, cone valve engines that have been proposed and many built both as IC or steam engines most designed to capture the magic of free breathing.
Unfortunately they tend to have the same problems, differential expansion causing gauling / seizing, hard to lubricate with out a filthy oily exhaust, poor clearance volumes etc.
A little research will also show quite a few one off rotary valved steam engines were built in the 1960's and 70's The promise was not delivered in reality.

Cheers

Date: October 31, 2011 01:56PM

The solution sir? is Hard Carbon Graphite for the Seal Shims, and spring tention. with Thermastatic load variance.
I'm an engineer not a morron Sir.

Goto Page:  Previous12
Current Page:2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC