Steam Car Club Forum
Steam Car Club : The Steam Car.....Forum
The Official Forum for the Steam Car Club
The fastest message board....ever.
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Yet another Mini Yorkshire Tour
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range86-155.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 4, 2008 05:06PM

At the end of September there is a tour organised near Harrogate, North Yorkshire, at Beckwithshaw over the weekend of Sept 27/28, starting at the Smiths Arms - moving on, on the Sunday morning/lunch time, to the Squinting Cat before dispersing.

The steam car Tour will be on the Sunday, time to be confirmed, but probably kicking off at 11.00 am from the Smiths Arms. It will be about 30 odd miles round trip, ending up at the Squinting Cat.

It is a very informal do based around having a good time with some good touring country.

Anyone interested then contact me on 07771 573584 or E mail on ian.vintonrailconsultltd@virgin.net.

One day we will get the annual steam car tour back to Yorkshire, after all the last looked like great fun.

Regards
Ian Vinton

Re: Yet another Mini Yorkshire Tour
Posted by: Ian Vinton (---.range86-156.btcentralplus.com)
Date: September 29, 2008 03:42PM

Two cars made the mini tour starting off from a local Harrogate pub where some 6 traction engines had gathered for a weekend do. Excellent tour route set by Mike Clark of some 25 miles including some reasonable hills.
For the first time my 740 managed to drive 25+ miles, we missed a turning, without problems (relative term with steam cars).

Mike thanks for setting up the route and supporting us with you Samson while your Stanley is being fixed.

I learnt more about the car over this weekend than the four years I have owned it.

There is talk of doing a similar event in the Spring time, but there will definitely be another one this time next year.

Regards
Ian Vinton

Re: Yet another Mini Yorkshire Tour
Posted by: Mike Clark (---.hers.adsl.virgin.net)
Date: September 30, 2008 04:06PM

Yep! As we said Ian - the only way to get a steamer to work properly is to keep on using it - particularly applies to the steam automatic which can be sticky if not used but with regular use keeps itself nice and free.

My car is a Salmson not Samson. It's French, although most French people would not recognise the name as of their language since the founder of the company (in the late 1800's) was a Swede. The firm still exists making industrial and central heating pumps although the car side died in 1956.

Mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
The Steam Car Club Forum
Having trouble logging in or posting messages? Email forum@steamcar.net for help.
Web by NPC